For the purpose of giving training to the staff and sericulturists, the Government Sericulture Training School was established at Hosur during 1973.
During the year 2005-2006, Sericulture Training School
was registered under TamilNadu Societies Registration Act 1975 with a change
in the name as,
“ TamilNadu Sericulture Training Institute”.
Both on-campus and Off-campus training courses are conducted by the Institute based on the requirement of trainees.
During the year 2005-2006, 718 farmers and 100 staff of the department were trained under various schemes in this Institute.
During the year 2006-07 2,234 farmers and 234 staff of the Department were trained in this training Institute.
During the year 2007-08, 1056 farmers were trained in this Training Institute.
During the year 2008-09 808 farmers were trained in this Institute.
During the year 2009-2010 1155 farmers and 550 staffwere trained in this Institute.
During the year 2010-11, 1767 farmers and 233 staff were trained in this Institute.
During 2011-12, 1942 farmers were trained in this Institute.
During the year 2012-13, 2309 farmers were trained in this Institute.
During the year 2013-14, 539 farmers were trained.
1. Productivity Improvement Training (Bivoltine crops) – for Dept. staff
2. Mulberry Cultivation Techniques & Integrated Pest Management for Mulberry Diseases & Pests
3. Young age Silkworm Rearing Techniques
4. Late age Silkworm Rearing Techniques
5. Silkworm Diseases & Management
6. Training to Bivoltine Sericulturists and new Sericulturists.
7. Training to New Sericulturists – under CDP scheme and Cluster Promotion Programme.
Courses are also conducted at Central Sericultural Research and Training Institute , Mysore and Silkworm Seed Technological Laboratory, Kodathi - Bangalore for farmers, Graineurs, Technical staff and Officers of Department of Sericulture regularly